Thursday, May 1, 2008

the art of letting go ..

Ps 16 : 5 Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup you have made my lot secure.

When God has determined that something is mine, I have no need to guard it in the sense of watching it for fear it will escape. That’s God’s job. On the other hand, when God has decided that something is not for me, then I must submit to his plan and willing to release it. I will need God’s supernatural intervention to help me to let go, but I know his empowering grace is always available for the asking. I mean, if that person is the one God prepared for you, that person will desire you back when he/she recognise the real you and your value. If not, why being bothered about losing what is not from God? You do not have to compete for it, so resist the urge to compete against others for ‘their’ destiny.

Not only in romantic relationship, but in everything in life is the same. Will I be upset because something I could not grab slipping out of my hand, or will I trust God’s sovereignty in giving me what is best for me? Where is God in the picture? Rather I heard of numerous testimonies saying “It wasn’t me, I know. It was God!” for getting that promotion, for receiving that high mark in studies, for doing something incredible that he never thought was possible!

Romans 8 : 28 we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him.

Isaiah 14 : 27 For the Lord almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?

Even when Pharaoh was refusing to let Israelites go free, God was in control. It was him who allowed all things happen. Even when all the disasters stuck this godly man name Job, God was behind the scene, knowing all things and still in control of all things. There is a season and reason in everything God allowed happening, to those who love him. Whatever God has for you, you will get it.

2 Cor 9:8 God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times; having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

No comments: